From:   Terry Ziemniak [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, March 29, 2002 9:31 PM
To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject:        SSL cache issue

I am getting 'page not found errors' the first time I access certain JSP
pages (though there are others that always work).  If I refresh the page
displays correctly.

Notes:
1.      This only happens over HTTPS, never over HTTP
2.      Netscape (v 4.2) displayed the error "Data Missing.  This document
resulted from a POST operation and has expired from the cache.  If you wish
you can repost the form data to create the document by pressing the reload
button."
3.      Apache's access.log seems to validate point 2.  The last line before
an error is a POST.  The retry shows a POST followed shortly by anther GET
and POST of the same JSP.
4.      I have not yet been able to exactly describe 'First time'.  General
rule of them, if I repeat the process within 15 minutes it seems OK.  If I
wait an hour it should fail.  Though quantifying that has not been my
highest priority.
5.      I am running Apache_1.3.20-Mod_SSL_2.8.4-OpenSSL_0.9.6a-WIN32 and
Resin 1.2.8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry Ziemniak

 << File: ATT00002.htm >>