To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
	[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: Michael Metz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Did any of you ever resolve this issue?

I corresponded several months ago with Mark, who recommended an upgrade to rh7, since he didn't see the problem there anymore. I happened to have 7.1 so that worked until now I added mod_ssl.

I'm trying to disable ssl but even without loading mod_ssl I still get the error when uploading large files only.  I can upload files of size 8M, but a 200M sample fails.  The httpd error log says:

Ouch!  malloc failed in malloc_block()

My client is IE6 with latest 'service packs'. Tried several different client machines.  With NS6 I also get:

Ouch!  malloc failed in malloc_block()

Help or debugging suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks, BenG.

Michael Metz wrote:
Hi Ben,

sorry - I haven't fond a solution yet - I hope that with an update to Apache 2.x this problem could be solved ...
Away from apache I'm using the same versions - so there must be the problem

Sorry

Bye
Michael

Ben Groeneveld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb :

Michael, I seem to have run into the same problem.  Ever since I
installed SSL (mod_ssl and openssl) for apache our file upload fails for
large files. I'm using the java oreilly classes for the upload code.
Have you found a resolution? This is my config. Thanks, BenG.

Red Hat Linux release 7.1sbe (Seawolf)
Kernel 2.4.3-6smp on an i686

bruce:~> rpm -q apache
apache-1.3.19-5
bruce:~> rpm -q mod_ssl
mod_ssl-2.8.5-3
bruce:~> rpm -q openssl
openssl-0.9.6-9
bruce:~>

--
Ben Groeneveld
Information Concepts, Inc., 115 N.W. Oregon, Suite 30, Bend, OR 97701

0.6488

MfG
Michael Metz
SpeedPartner