On Monday 20 May 2002 18:46, Potts, Ross A. wrote:

Hi Ross,

it isn't true it is sent plaintext. It is sent base64 encrypted, which is in
case of security just as insecure as plaintext.

But if you connect to the host containing the password-realm via ssl/https
your password is encrypted just the same way any other data would be
encrypted with ssl.

andreas

> Is there a way to encrypt the login window That I get when I want to reach
> restricted areas?  I have the password file setup and can log in, but I
> understand that the password is sent in plaintext.  I didn't see much in
> the way of documentation about this.

e-admin internet gmbh
Andreas Gietl
Ludwig-Thoma-Strasse 35