On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:41:06AM -0400, Don wrote:
> I have downloaded the mod_ssl-2.8.5-1.3.22 tarball from the web site.  Upon reading
>the documentation, I find that I need to recompile apache with additional
>configuration options in order to install ModSSL.
>
> Here is my dilemma.  I never compiled Apache from source but rather installed from
>rpm packages.  Therefore, there doesn't seem to be any way I can install ModSSL.
>I've looked at the FAQ but can see no hints on installing ModSSL once Apache is
>installed.  Neither have I found and ModSSL rpm package.

The packaged version for Red Hat Linux already has the necessary EAPI
patch applied.  You should be able to either compile mod_ssl using apxs
(which is included in the apache-devel package) or rebuild a mod_ssl RPM
package from a later release using 'rpm --rebuild' (though I haven't done
that lately, YMMV).

HTH,

Nalin