Yeah, I zapped the 'satisfy any' and 'deny from all' which made the
server act as expected.  I think your explaination of the behavior is
correct.

I'm still not understanding how this action is understandable from the
documentation for SSLRequireSSL, nor the fact that the logs are saying
'access failed' when clearly it hasn't?  The documentation and the
logging seems to state a strict enforcement, although it seems to not
be under some conditions.

Nor, out of curiousity, how I might configure it if I wanted some
logic like this:  SSL connection AND (password auth OR domain match)

Thanks for the reply and explaination, btw!

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil