i am trying to compile modssl. before i can do so, i need to get openssl
compiled and working. i did not want to use openssl's internal prng. so i
patched my solaris 8 system to provide a /dev/random & /dev/urandom. i
thought that these would be detected by the configure script. however, it
appears to me that the openssl is still using its internal prng, not the
system devices. can anyone help me with this?

yes, i know, slightly off topic.
thanks,
shon