Ron,

I have had that same issue when I have upgraded apache.  I never noticed that it
caused a problem, but it certainly bothered me that php did not know which version of
apache was running.  I fixed it by recompiling php (including a make clean) and
restarting apache.

Keith Hunt  330.972.7968  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet & Server Systems
The University of Akron