Hi Lutz...

I compile apache using...: (from mod_ssl dir)

export CFLAGS='-DHARD_SERVER_LIMIT=8192'; ./configure
--disable-rule=DEV_RANDOM --disable-rule=EXPAT --disable-rule=IRIXN32
--disable-rule=IRIXNIS --disable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN
--disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX --enable-module=most
--enable-module=mmap_static --enable-shared=max
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6d
--prefix=/opt/apache-1.3.26

cd ../apache_1.3.26
make

and I have...:

denao@isherwood /opt/apache-1.3.26# bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /opt/apache-1.3.26/bin/suexec

and at the conf, I call...:

LoadModule mmap_static_module libexec/mod_mmap_static.so
<IfDefine access_log>
        LoadModule config_log_module  libexec/mod_log_config.so
</IfDefine>
#LoadModule mime_magic_module  libexec/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule mime_module        libexec/mod_mime.so
<IfDefine status>
        LoadModule status_module      libexec/mod_status.so
        LoadModule info_module        libexec/mod_info.so
</IfDefine>
LoadModule imap_module        libexec/mod_imap.so
LoadModule access_module      libexec/mod_access.so
LoadModule expires_module     libexec/mod_expires.so
LoadModule setenvif_module    libexec/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule negotiation_module libexec/mod_negotiation.so
#LoadModule vhost_alias_module libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so

The real strange thing here, is that those high loads never happens
using apache1.3.22 and mod_ssl 2.8.5... but any combination newer than
this, brings me a high load.

Best regards, and thank you so much for helping me out on this.

Denis.

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 06:51, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:25:09PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I tried with the prngd and exactly the same problem appeared.
>
> I don't think, that your problem has to do with random seeding.
> Even the built-in seeding should not cause significant load increases.
>
> What other modules or add-ons do you use? I know that there is at least
> one interaction between php4 and mod_ssl: child processes do not correctly
> shut down, when both modules are used.
>
> Best regards,
>       Lutz
> --
> Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
> BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
> Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus

Denis A.V.Jr. - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Engineer - ICQ 2524962
Universo Online

perl -e 'print "computers are like air-conditioners: they stop working
when you open windows ", pack("c*",hex
"3A",sqrt(2025),(unpack(c,"=")-20),10);'