Since apache 2.0.X will not function with older kernels, we have been
trying to upgrade to apache_1.3.26 and wheen out of reliance for present
upon the mod_blowchunks.so thing we have implimented till time permitted.
But, we had decided to build ssl-engine with shared capability, so as to
not have to jump through hoops if matters with apache 2.0.X changed and
such.  But, we are failing to get a working httpd when going this route.
I'm wondering if the older apache fails, at least on older kernels, when
ssl has been compiled as an so?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!