>From: Svein E. Seldal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
>Hi guys,
>
>I want to run a http server on port 81 which should only be
>available to
>the localnet, say 192.168.0.x/24 *and* on https with client
>certificates
>from the whole world. No passwords should be used in neither methodes.
>
>Now I've got SSL working with the certs, so that's not my
>question, but
>how do I configure the virtual host to enforce these access rights?
>Today I've "hacked" the problem by running two separate (yet
>identical)
>virtual hosts. I want to run http(81) and https from the same virtual
>host config. Is this possible?

I can't think how you would do this. IMHO, what you have already done (far from being
a "hack") is the correct way to proceed - two virtualhosts with the same DocumentRoot
(hence same content) but with different ports. The trouble is the "SSLEngine on"
directive - this has only context in a VH, i.e. you can't make it conditional on an IP
range, for instance.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle