Hi ,

I want to create a ssl server certificate for an intranet server (apache
1.3.14).
I carefully follow the instruction of the documentation which comes with
mod-ssl :
I created a private key for the server:
# openssl genrsa -des3 -out server key 1024
I created a csr with the previous generated key
# openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr

As it is for an intranet server, I decided to use my own certificate
authority ,
I first created a private key for the ca :
# openssl genrsa -des3 -out ca.key 1024
I created a self signed certificate with this key :
# openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -key ca.key -out ca.crt
Then I used the sign.sh script :
# ./sign.sh server.csr

Everything 's all right untill he asks me to commit :

1 out of 1 certificate requests certified, commit? [y/n]y
Write out database with 1 new entries
Data Base Updated
CA verifying: server.crt <-> CA cert
server.crt:
[....]
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
[...]
error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure

Did I do sth wrong ? what's the meaning of these two errors message?
Thanks for your help :)

--
Philippe,