Great explanation, Owen. I'm keeping it for whenever somebody asks me --for
the upteenth time-- how to do it.

Which set me thinking: The top 20 questions, which take up a lot of traffic
on this list, are really about configuration tips & tricks, and are not
really covered in the www.modssl.org FAQ. Why don't we help Ralph by adding
them to the FAQ? It would help a lot if we do that, and include a link to it
on the subscription confirmation and the list sig.

Ralph, would that be OK with you?

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few Q's that crop up on an
almost daily basis:
        - How do I set a a pure-virtual SSL host? (You don't.)
        - Well, then how do I set up an SSL host? (A basic 20-line
          config, specifying _default_:443 and specificserver:443
          VH's)
        - How do I force all or a part of my site to be served
          exclusively by SSL? (Redirects by core, mod_rewrite and/or
          mod_proxy)
        - Compiling on different platforms. (This might be the most
          difficult part to keep up to date, but some quick ten-or-
          twenty liners, culled from correct answers on the list might
          be enough.)
        - MSIE keepalive strangeness and bug workarounds (global and
          agent-specific cipher stuff)
        - How do I sign/self-sign my certificate? (That one's already
          in the docs; maybe five-line quick answer?)
        - How do I set up an SSL->plain HTTP gateway, or vice versa?
          (mod_proxy, maybe with help by mod_rewrite, other solutions
          such as stunnel)

¿Can anybody think of other high-traffic topics not on the existing FAQ?

I would be able to help on this FAQ by the start of next month. Anybody else
want to chip in?

Cheers...                       Marco Zamora