On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Edward Wong wrote:

> I'm seeing strange behavior when running apache 2.0.39 on Windows XP, where

First of all, it is critical that you upgrade to 2.0.40, as you are
currently wide open to attack with the Win32-related vulnerabilities in
2.0.39.

> jar and cab files are truncated after after only 16K or so (my jar/cab files
> are actually around 100K).  This seems to happen with just about any
> browser, regardless of the JVM.  Also, this issue only occurs on Windows XP.
>   Win2k, WinNT, and Linux all work properly.

I'm guessing you have not looked at the following:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/#xpbug

This is a bug in XP for which a hotfix exists.

--Cliff