Friends,

I am trying to start-up Apache but getting the following errors:
[Wed Aug 21 09:52:02 2002] [warn] Init: PRNG still contains insufficient entropy

[Wed Aug 21 09:52:02 2002] [error] Init: Failed to generate temporary 512 bit RS
A private key

My environment is, Solaris 2.8, Apache 2.0.40 with mod_ssl, OpenSSL 0.96g.

I have tried various things in ssl.conf file:

1) Using the default setting for SSLRandomSeed directive.
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin

2) Creating a file with random data and trying,

#SSLRandomSeed startup file:/tmp/.rnd 1024

3) One thread suggested to put the directives in the httpd.conf, but that did not help
either.

What am I doing wrong here and how can I resolve this ? Any help/suggestions are
greatly appreciated as I'm new to Apache/SSL world.

Thanks,

Kishor Shah
email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]