Ken Campney wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I've downloaded your files just to make sure I have them.
>
> Do you think ".tgz" files will be needed or are the access for those a
> little better than the Win32 files?
>
> When everything is set, I'll give you the link/links to the files.
>
> As a secondary thought, I suppose I could just set you up with an ftp
> account to upload files as needed.
>
> Ken

Ken,

The sources are always easy to get, at least from my experience.  The
problem lies in the fact that Windows machines do not have a compiler.
I am on the lists, so I know when people are looking for a new build
(security alert for example).  It does not take me long to buld the code.

Te most common problem for anyone trying to build the code is to get the
build machine set up properly; I plan to address this soon, with a
How-To doc.

It makes the most sense to have ftp access, I guess. But, that can go
either way.  I can also provide you with an ftp account on my server as
well.  It is more expedient for me to make the code and put it on your
server.

It mitgates some of the risks of using the code, by restricting who has
write access to it.  I generally warn people that I did not build a
properly configured server with the older builds and leave it up to them
to test it.  I will respond to problems caused by a bad build.  The new
code, I am using (testing) and know first hand if I mess up the build.
Generally though, once you get the build working it is reliable -- I
don't have to code anything afterall ... just follow instructions.

My personal email account is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you hit my index.html on tor.ath.cx you will get a 'new install page'
for IIS ... my idea of humor ... my server is for friends and they know
enough to look for an 'easter egg' - click the Icon.

My internet server is a Linux box, I build and use the Windows code for
my employer, where I manage more than 20,000 installations of Apache.

I will touch bases with you later.  Thanks again.

Chris.