Ramakrishna Kuppa wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Which code is this - is it the Apache OR mod_ssl OR OpenSSL?
>
> And, if I understood you right, irrespective of the versions of the
> above software, on Win32 systems, the message is written to the log
> file. Do you see this log entry in any of the many installations you have?

Ramakrishna,

This code segment is from mod_ssl...

f:\mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26\pkg.sslmod\ssl_engine_init.c
...begins at line 175

Your statement is correct... this message will appear in your log if you
are using mod_ssl on Windows with Apache 1.3.xx and mod_ssl 2.8.10

I have enabled SSL on only one of my Windows boxes.  It has never logged
this message but the version is Apache 2.0.40 - OpenSSL 0.9.6g.

...mod_ssl is integrated into Apache 2.

All of my other Windows boxes have the SSL code included but SSL has not
turned on - may never need to be.

IMHO - It means nothing, unless you are paying for support ... this is
open source afterall.  Take it as a cheap shot at Windows.  There are
some days when I share the thought, but I curse my Linux equally.

Chris.