De: Garzon Maldonado, Jesus Javier
Enviado el: viernes, 18 de octubre de 2002 10:58
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: [users@httpd] Apache spawns too many processes

Hello all:

I have running Apache 2.0.35+mod_ssl+mod_rewrite+mod_php in a FreeBSD 4.4 box.

Though the number of spare servers and threads is restricted in the httpd.conf file,
when users browses across the web site the number off httpd processes running (as
nobody user) grows continously consuming all the CPU time.

This doesn't happen if I launch Apache with /apachectl start.

How can I solve this problem?.

Thanks in advance.

Javi Garzon

   "   from the digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]