maybe let your httpd for your non-ssl pages, and do a virtualhost on port 443 to handle ssl pages
or one Vhost for port 80 and one Vhost for 443

Mike Smith wrote:

Hello,

I am upgrading to the Apache Httpd 2.0 web server from 1.3.x and cannot find any Apache-SSL package, so I'm assuming that SSL support is now only done through mod_ssl in httpd-2.0. I compiled it with openssl support and it appears ready to go, but I've got a question. I've got both secure and non-secure pages that I want to serve up with this web server...how do I do that with 2.0? Currently, I run two separate daemons...httpd and httpsd each with separate config files, DocumentRoot's, etc. How do I serve up both SSL and non-SSL pages with the same server daemon? I want them to have separate DocumentRoot's too so that my web-based mail users can just type <server-name>/mail, instead of <server-name>/secure/mail. How can I assign certain directories to be picked up by mod_ssl while others are just non-encrypted pages? Also, I saw that with the 1.3.x chain of httpd servers, I could use mod_jk to get my server to send requests for certain directories to the Jakarta Tomcat container, but I don't see this functionality anymore in 2.0! I need this server to also be smart about which pages are JSP or Java Servlets and therefore get redirected to my Tomcat package.

HELP?!?! I've been fumbling around the Apache documentation for weeks now and can't find any direction on this!

Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Haut Débit: Modem offert soit 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo !
Profitez du Haut Débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w