We're using Apache/mod_ssl to provide a reverse-proxy to some backend Web
servers, and want to add OWA2K to the list (that's Outlook Web Access for
Microsoft Exchange 2000).

It works fine with OWA from Exchange 5.5 - which was basically just HTML
plus some javascript - but OWA2K (under IE5+) uses all sorts of whizzy M$
stuff, and doesn't work!

If you access OWA2K with a non-IE browser (e.g. Mozilla), OWA2K reverts to
the older format and works fine - it just doesn't work well from IE (ironic
isn't it :-)

It's pretty flakey. IE5.0 works pretty well, IE5.5 works 20% of the time and
IE6 just dies. It goes without saying that all these browsers work fine when
talking directly to the OWA2K server: it's only via the RP that they fail.

I've done packet sniffs and compares and can't see anything out of the
ordinary. I think it's an OWA issue, or an IE security-context issue, but
can't say for sure.

Anyone else got any stories about this?

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417