I have a Red Hat 7.3 system and ran up2date to get all the latest packages.
Now I want to install Apache/modssl/modperl etc. which I am accustomed to
building from source, starting with the OpenSSL libraries.

I see that an OpenSSL RPM has already been installed with 7.3, but it does
not appear to be the latest version (unless RedHat has a different numbering
system). Specifically it says openssl-0.9.6b-28.rpm is installed, whereas I
want to have openssl-0.9.6g.tar.gz. I don't see any updated rpms on RedHat.
Am I going to run into any trouble if I build OpenSSL from source and
overwrite (or duplicate) the RPM? There are other packages that depend on
the RPM. Thanks.

Thanks
Emily Witcher - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Developer and System Administrator