I don't know if you have tried this yet, so...

Make sure in IE that you have not disabled the downloading of documents from
secure web sites.  Under Internet Options/Advanced Options/Security there is
a checkbox for "Do not save encrypted pages to disk."  If this is enabled,
.pdf files ( and I think .doc files too ) will not display in IE from SSL
sites.

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.