Perhaps including it in the defauly httpd.conf file underr the
<VirtualHost> directives as commentary might help?

        #  General setup for the virtual host
        # ...name based VHing does not work, you need to...to get this to
        #  ...work...if you ask this in the modssl-users list, you might
        #well be berated for failing to read documentation...

Perhaps putting the information in the README as well as in the INSTALL
docs, tthus putting it in as many places as possible might help?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

P.S.  this is of course not limiting adding it to the list footer <grin>:

>  ...name based VHing does not work, you need to...to get this to
>  ...work...if you ask this in the modssl-users list, you might
> #well be berated for failing to read documentation...

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

        [SNIP]

> But please, people, this is SUCH a frequently asked question.  Definitely
> one of the top three.  I wonder if we can't find a better way to document
> this?  Anyone have any ideas?  I'd say un-hiding it from the FAQ page
> would be a good start... it's a prominent question, give the answer a more
> prominent location.
>
> --Cliff

        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!