On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:04:54PM +0100, Boyle Owen wrote:
> I don't really understand what can be wrong - your config looks OK and
> if the logs and docroots are accurate, I don't see how it can be going
> into the wrong VH. Therefore, you must be mistaken about the certificate
> files.

Thanks again.

I have checked again, and am positive that the certificate and key files
are correct.

> Are you sure you don't have symlinks or something funny which could
> allow one server to see the other's certs in place of its own?

Nope.

If i comment one of the VirtualHosts out of the config file, the correct
cert will be used.  For example, if i leave both VH directives in, the
cert for the first declared VH will be used.  If i comment out the first
VH, the cert in the second VH will be used properly.

> When you say "gets the wrong cert" do you mean that you get a browser
> warning "cert does not match FQDN"?

Mainly i was talking about the server logs.  In the server log, there will
be a message stating that the "ServerName" does not match the CN from the
certificate.

This isn't a problem that should affect the operation of the server.  I
was only stating it because the log message lists the CN in the
certificate, and i was using that information as proof that the wrong
certificate was being used.

Perhaps this is a problem with my installation of Apache or mod_ssl.  I am
running RH73 and have re-compiled Apache 2.0.43 and mod_ssl from SRPMS.

Perhaps i'll just go back to using the standard distribution of apache
1.3.x.

As an aside, I thought using 2.0.x would be a "good thing"(tm) for the
latest and greatest features, however I haven't seen much from the
external side (meaning i haven't looked through the code at all) that's
different.  Can anyone tell me why i should try to stick with 2.0.x
instead of going back to 1.3.x?  Especially when i'll be doing a fair
amount of SSL traffic?

Thanks again.

...alex...