Wildcard certs have been discussed here on the list recently and
Thawte has been mentioned as the place to buy wildcard certs.
We decided to check and got the following answer:

We unfortunately discontinued the wild cards certs about 8 months ago
                                                        and no

                         longer issue them.

                                                  You would have to apply for each SSL
individually.

So neither Thawte or Verisign (who own Thawte) issue wildcard certs.

vh

Mads Toftum