there are a couple of areas to check to see if your settings are correct
for this;

# BindAddress: You can support virtual hosts with this option. This
directive
# is used to tell the server which IP address to listen to. It can either
# contain "*", an IP address, or a fully qualified Internet domain name.
# See also the <VirtualHost> and Listen directives.
#
#BindAddress *
#
# Port: The port to which the standalone server listens. For
# ports < 1023, you will need httpd to be run as root initially.
#
Port 80
<for apache 2.0.xx, this might be in an ssl specifici configuration file
as the tendancy is once again for 'segmentation'>
##  SSL Support
##
##  When we also provide SSL we have to listen to the
##  standard HTTP port (see above) and to the HTTPS port
##
<IfDefine SSL>
Listen someplace.com:80
Listen someplace.com:443
</IfDefine>

port 80 references are http, port 443 references are https.  Edit these
settings as appropriate for your setup.  Providing those are properly set
and the cert<s> properly generated and available as stated in the configs,
then your systems should listen at the proper address/interface on the
appropriate port there for connections/services.  I believe bindaddress
has been depriciated for the listen directive.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Jay Moore wrote:

> I know this is a bit off-topic for this list, and I deserve all the
> flames I get... But I'm in a hurry, so here goes...
>
> I want to run Apache so it responds only to https on port 443; http
> requests are to be simply ignored. I thought I knew how to do this, but
> then read something about using mod_rewrite which gave me a headache.
> Is there a simple how-to describing how to run your server so it
> responds only to https over port 443?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!