I wrote:

> When I (attempt to) connect, Mozilla gives me this error:
> "secure2.solidusdesign.com received a message with an incorrect Message
> Authentication Code".  How do I fix this?

I fixed the problem by upgrading from a dummy SSL cert to a real one.

But really, guys, many thanks to everyone who posted useful suggestions.
The list's help was invaluable in getting to the bottom of this matter.
I can't imagine what I would have done without such a caring, useful group
of experts.  I'll be sure to return here in the future if I ever have a
problem with mod_ssl, since you've all bent over backwards to get me an
answer on this one.  Thanks again!

--
Kevin DeGraaf