Hi,

I am new to this mailing list.  I am having a problem with external internet
access to my server.  I have the following in place:

Red Hat 7.3/2.4.18-3
Apache 1.3.27
mod_ssl 2.8.12-1.3.27
OpenSSL 0.9.7a

I have a main server running on port 80, and a virtualhost on port 443 for
the SSL.  I can access port 443 100% of the time from any client on my
internal network.  From external networks, I am having problems connecting.
I see nothing in IPTraf when these connections external connections don't
connect, nor do I get anything in my log files.  I have no problems at all
with http.  All internal clients work fine for both http and https on MSIE,
Netscape, and Mozilla.  These same clients configured for loopback through a
dial-up and back into a cable-modem can't get in.....most of the time, but
once in a while.  The same symptoms occur for other people who have tried to
access my SSL website.  They have no problems with http, but https will
almost always refuse the connection or give them a page not displayed.

I found a couple of messages posted on this board which talked about the
SSLSessionCache.  I tried changing that to 'none' from 'dbm'.  When I did
this, the external connections worked!!  5 minutes later, they were gone,
and I was back to the same place that I started.  This is a very strange
problem, and I am NOT an expert.

I see that there are a lot of posts on this board concerning similiar
sounding problems.  Has anybody come up with a fix for this?  Does anybody
have any suggestions as to what I should do or try next?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Konn