Just a word from real world - I have implemented compression (via mod_deflate) and SSL
together and it was worth it. Simply because mod_deflate can shrink my typical html
pages to 20-30% of original size (images are excluded from compression) and the SSL
overhead is not that big. So, HTML sent through wires is encrypted and smaller that
origin.

  Jirka Vejrazka
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers