Hello,

> How can i show for users some my own error page (for example, "Please insert
> your ID card!")?

Does the modssl have such a custom error message functionality?

Also, How can the server know whether the ID card is inserted or not?
The error message below only shows that the server does not recieve the
client certificate that was expected.

> Apache SSL error.log is:
> [Thu Sep 11 12:23:37 2003] [error] OpenSSL: error:140890C7:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:peer did not return a certificate
> [Hint: No CAs known to server for verification?]
> [Thu Sep 11 12:23:37 2003] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server
> erki_laptop/laev:443, client 172.100.60.2) (OpenSSL library error follows)

The solution would be to have your application check whether the ID card
is inserted and make sure your certficate there before you send the SSL
message.

-Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi Watanabe