Hello,

I want to ask if the following setup is possible:

Clients will be authenticated towards apache with x509 certificates (mod_ssl).

Would it now be possible to give authenticated clients a kerberos ticket which could
be read out in php/perl?
I would like to use this ticket to authenticate the client towards a database like
postgresql.

(Background: In my web application a use postgresql, where I will write rules which
automatically log certain actions of the client like update or delete queries. So I do
need every client to be loged in the database with a different name, but I don't want
to store the usernames & userpasswords in a file accessible to php, nor do I want to
do the logging in php. I want to move as much logic as possible to the database, which
will make it easier in future to change the interface from php to java for example.)

Best regards,

Daniel Struck

--
Retrovirology Laboratory Luxembourg