John:

Thanks for your suggestion.

I checked the output of phpinfo from both http and https and other than
directory name differences I found the following variables in the https
info:

Variable                Value
UNIQUE_ID               8Sevn38AAAEAAALTfvAAAAAA
nokeepalive             1
ssl-unclean-shutdown    1
downgrade-1_0           1
force-response-1_0      1
HTTPS                   on
SSL_VERSION_INTERFACE   mod_ssl/2.0.48
SSL_VERSION_LIBRARY     OpenSSL/0.9.6l
SSL_PROTOCOL            SSLv3
SSL_CIPHER              RC4-MD5
SSL_CIPHER_EXPORT       false
SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE   128
SSL_CIPHER_ALGKEYSIZE   128
SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY       NONE
SSL_SERVER_M_VERSION    1
SSL_SERVER_M_SERIAL     00
SSL_SERVER_V_START      Dec 5 15:42:10 2003 GMT
SSL_SERVER_V_END        Dec 2 15:42:10 2013 GMT
SSL_SERVER_S_DN         /C=US/CN=webdev/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSL_SERVER_S_DN_C       US
SSL_SERVER_S_DN_CN      webdev
SSL_SERVER_S_DN_Email   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSL_SERVER_I_DN         /C=US/CN=webdev/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSL_SERVER_I_DN_C       US
SSL_SERVER_I_DN_CN      webdev
SSL_SERVER_I_DN_Email   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSL_SERVER_A_KEY        rsaEncryption
SSL_SERVER_A_SIG        md5WithRSAEncryption
SSL_SESSION_ID
110B6D1F72C43479A06BC5EA6310AF411F903713674E82256769B2F923AF5727
Connection              close

I didn't see any thing that stood out, do you see anything there that
might shed some light on this problem?

Thanks,