When posting form data  to a secure URL my server is dropping the user back
to the index page. I've noticed this in several applications. Some I have
written in PHP, other written in Python (TMDA-cgi). It is not nessecarily a
large amount of data, one form has only 2 fields, though when there is a
larger amount of data, the problem is more frequent. If I don't use a secure
url (https) then the forms work fine.

I've gone through all the http logs, access, error, ssl_engine etc. and find
nothing to suggest a problem. After submitting the form, the user is simply
taken back to the home page of the site.

I'm using apache 1.3.29
mod_ssl/2.8.16
OpenSSL/0.9.7c
on linux Redhat.

The above programs where compiled not packages installed with redhat.

This issue has created quite a problem and I really would appreciate any
help.

ron

Ron Dyck
Webbtech