Using:
Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) PHP/4.3.5 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7c-p1

I get this weird problem where an attempt to submit a POST is done by IE 6
(SP1; Q832894 and Q831167 installed) and intermittently the response comes
back as "The page cannot be displayed".  The actual app in use is horde/imp,
and the actual thing being done is sending a message or adding an attachment
within the Compose Message window.

When watching ssl_engine_log from Apache in debug mode and attempting to
reproduce the problem, I see the following course of events:

I load the "compose message" form
I see a few seconds later (doesn't seem to be fixed number of seconds) the
following recorded to the log:
[14/Apr/2004 13:12:31 67158] [trace] OpenSSL: Write: SSL negotiation finished
successfully
[14/Apr/2004 13:12:31 67158] [info]  Connection to child 7 closed with
standard shutdown (server 10.0.0.2:443, client 10.0.0.13)

If I make the post request JUST AFTER these entries show up in the log, I get
the "Page cannot be displayed" result in the web browser.  If I send the
request before those entries were to be written, or wait for the main browser
page to refresh (it does so every minute or two) the operation is completed
successfully.

--
 Mark Hennessy