Hello guys,

I have following pki-environment:

                        RootCA
                        |       |
        Issuing SubCA-1 Issuing SubCA-2
UserCert-A                                      UserCert-B

I want to make clientauthentication with certificates only for user with certs
from the Issuing SubCA-2.

So I made the follwing configuration:

SSLVerifyClient require
SSLCACertificateFile    CACHAIN.PEM
SSLVerifyDepth 2

CACHAIN.PEM includes the cert from RootCA and from the Issuing SubCA-2.

Now comes the problem. Not only users with certs from SubCA-2 can connect, also
users with certs from the SubCA-1 (f.i. UserCert-A) can connect.

How can I avoid this???

I tried to use only the certificate from SubCA-2 in the directive
(SSLCACertificateFile SubCA-2.pem), but with this config noone can connect,
also not the clients with certs from SubCA-2.

I know the possibility to check for various ingredients of the client
certficate (http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_howto.html#auth-particular) but
I don't want to use this.

I readed an old post
(http://www.mail-archive.com/modssl-users@modssl.org/msg10335.html) in this
mailinglist. This post said, that users with certs from SubCA-1 should not be
connect.

Please help, I have no new ideas.

Best regards daniel