> Hi:
> My question relates to the possibility of selectively enabling digital
> encryption vs. digital signing when using the mod_ssl with Apache 2.0.
>
>   The motivation for the tradeoff is due to performance.
>
>   So ideally, we might want to enable a client to login using a secure
> form over https that would be encrypted.
>
>   However, once logged in, the subsequent client requests [for documents]
> could be served up using digital signing. Encryption may not be strictly
> required.
>
>   I was wondering if it would be possible to install mod_ssl, Apache2.0, a
> thwate/Verisign server certificate and be able to serve the login form
> over https/encryption and the subsequent documents over digital
> signatures.
>
>   If this is possible, could you pl. point me, or tell me what I'd need to
> do in terms of the configuration file?

mod_ssl implement Secure SOCKET Layer, you want HTTP with digital
signature, which is something quite different. Look into web services,
they probably have something like what you're after.

-a
--
Aaron Stromas          |     "Tik-tik-tik!!!... ja, Pantani is weg..."
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |                          BRTN commentator