Hey Cliff,

Cliff Woolley wrote:

On 5/30/06, *Frank van Beek* wrote:

    I understand your confusion. In my post I masked out the first two
    numbers of the IP-addresses.
    But we do have 4 VirtualHosts on 4 different IP-addresses. As it turned
    out (see a previous post), our problem was caused by a misconfigured
    reverse DNS.

I'm glad you figured it out, but it's still a little bit unclear to me why the DNS should have had any effect.

The NameVirtualHost directives in the config snippet you posted are extraneous and should be removed. I wonder if you'd gotten rid of those if the problem would have gone away regardless of DNS.

I checked a couple of pages on VirtualHosts in the Apache documentation. As far as I can see in the examples in most of them there a NameVirtualHost for every VirtualHost, even when it's running on a different port.

See the examples here:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/examples.html

I don't know enough about Apache configuration to know when you need both, so could you please explain me why in our configuration the NameVirtualHost directives are extraneous?

Met groet,

Frank.
--
Frank van Beek