Are you calling apachectl using the full path to the apachectl
that knows where THOSE conf files are?

Sorry for top-posting... It just seemed like the right thing to do
in this case.

javier rojas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> im having some trouble when starting ssl on my apache2 server, first i
> must say that i did not install apache, so i really dont know if ssl
> was enabled, but i guess so since in the httpd.conf i have
>
> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>    Include conf/ssl.conf
> </IfModule>
>
> well, the second thing is that i have configured everything in my
> ssl.conf file (i think it is ok) but when i restart apache it doesnt
> even "read" the ssl.conf file, i renamed the ssl.conf file to
> ssl.conf.1 and apache restarted successfully, so i think it just
> doesnt look for it when restarting.
>
> i did comment the
> <IfDefine SSL>
> </IfDefine>
> in ssl.conf, in order to be able to start apache always with ssl support
>
> im pretty sure my ssl.conf and my httpd.conf files are correctly since
> i have another server with the same configurations and its working
> properly, but when i
>
> netstat -nl | grep 443
>
> theres nothing listening and on the /usr/local/apache/logs/ directory
> theres no
> ssl_request_log/  ssl_scache.dir  ssl_scache.pag
> log files, can anyone help me?
>
> --
> Ciao, Javier
> linux counter #393724
> GPG Key Fingerprint = 46B76CFEDB0161089D9ECB22FEFDE7EBA8C2007E

Phil Ehrens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>| Fun stuff:
The LIGO Laboratory, MS 18-34         | http://www.ralphmag.org
California Institute of Technology    | http://www.trenchman.com
1200 East California Blvd.            | http://www.tokyotosho.com
Pasadena, CA 91125 USA                | My gpg public key:
Phone:(626)395-8518 Fax:(626)793-9744 | http://www.imbe.net/peligo.asc