Hi,

We've got an Intranet Apache server which hosts a service on port 443, with a pretty run of the mill configuration.

Connections work perfectly fine when inside the office. We now set up a Hamachi VPN to allow our devs access to the server from outside as well. SSH, file sharing, standard port 80 services etc all work perfectly, only HTTPS connections to the box fail. Browsers simply state they couldn't establish a secure connection. Curl gives me:

kk:~ deceze$ curl -v https://uu.local/
* About to connect() to uu.local port 443
*   Trying 5.124.xx.xxx... connected
* Connected to uu.local (5.124.xx.xxx) port 443
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: /opt/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* SSLv2, Client hello (1):
Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to uu.local:443
* Closing connection #0
curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to uu.local:443

These connections attempts don't even make it into the logs, any of them.
What's going on here? Why is the VPN preventing SSL connections?
I'm afraid this may be on a level below mod_ssl, but I don't know where to look anymore.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Dav