re-read my previous mail on rewriting the URL.

You *might* want to do something further, like:

http://dev101.domain.com/secure/   gets rewritten to:
https://www.domain.com/dev101/

mod_rewrite is your friend. ok, so it's more like a thug that clubs you over the head before patting you on the back and handing you a beer - but it's still your friend.

-d

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks for the info.  From what I gather I will not be able to access the
virtual hosts via SSL since they are name based, unless I use the mod_gnutl
apache module.  Now my question is, if I purchase only 1 SSL certificate, and I
SSL enable the main server like:

https://www.mydomain.com/

Then of cousre, none of the virtual hosts like http://devl01.mydomain.com or
http://devl01.mydomain.com would be accessible via SSL.  Would this scneria
work with just the main server SSL enabled and all the virtual hosts accessed
via port 80?

-Thanks

From: Aaron Dalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
If in my httpd.conf file I have numerous virtual hosts defined with include
files like:
Include /usr/local/apache/conf/conf.d/devl00.conf
Include /usr/local/apache/conf/conf.d/devl01.conf
Include /usr/local/apache/conf/conf.d/devl02.conf
Include /usr/local/apache/conf/conf.d/devl03.conf

If I SSL enable the entire server in the main httpd.conf file, would I be able
to access each virtual host on port 443 like https://devl02.mydomain.com/?
I believe I would be able to access https://www.mydomain.com securely as well.
I guess the question is, can you SSL enable the entire server, and access each
virtual host via port 443?
This comes up so often that it is in the Apache SSL FAQ.  You may not
have more than one SSL host on any given IP/Port combination.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts2

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://superdupergames.org