From: Jan Stian Gabrielli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: modssl-users@modssl.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:39:16 PM
Subject: Re: Can i use CA signed cert to create client authentication
certificates ?

Ok. This seems like a viable solution.
Ie.
I use an approved CA signed cert to verify the site auhtentisity, and i use a
selfsigned CA root for client certificates.

Can you point me in a direction of how i make this work in apache ?.
I already have a setup with a Selfsigned CA working for client certificates.

Createed SelfSignedCA
|-->Create and Sign Apache Cert from SelfSigned CA
|-->Create and Sign Client Cert from SelfSigned CA

How do I incorporate this with a CA (thawte) signed webserver certificate ?.

Best regards

Wizkidnono

Sounds like your trying to use the thawte apache cert to sign your client
certs? The thawte cert won't have the right attributes to sign a client cert
and then try to use it.

You could use your CA for client certs and Thawte for the server cert.

Regards
Matt