Jason> Has anyone created a tool to determine what modules are
Jason> installed locally, and check CPAN for updates to any of
Jason> those modules?  I don't want to reinvent the wheel here,
Jason> but I can't find anything that does this.  CPAN.pm does
Jason> a fine job of download-and-install, but there's no
Jason> inventory function or query-for-update.

Besides the "r" command, you mean?  What else did you want?