On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 02:20:08PM +0100, Xavier Noria wrote:

> This would be my first public module, but I am following Sam Tregar's
> recommendations from his book for this, so the distribution itself will
> be pretty standard. (Wonderful book, thank you!)

I've not yet read the book. Does he warn that this list (like all the perl
lists) can often seem like a black hole, with messages dropping through
the cracks and never getting a reply? I only thought that I should reply
because no-one else has yet.

> The module needs yet some testing, but it's time to run h2xs and work
> with a true skeleton now. Is that name OK? Would 'Hash::MultiKeyed' be
> more correct in English? Should it have to live under Tie:: instead?

I'm not familiar with Tie::ListKeyedHash and I confess I didn't grasp
how your module works from your example code, so I'm not sure whether
MultiKey or MultiKeyed is better. I like MultiKey because it's shorter :-)

I'm told (forget who by) that whether these things go into Tie or not can
cause disagreement. I'd favour not calling anything "Tie" as that's purely
an implementation detail, but I'm told that others don't agree with this,
and that a lot of existing CPAN practice puts things into the Tie namespace.

You can't win. :-)

Nicholas Clark