First of all, I may be trying to do the wrong thing, so set me straight. I am having trouble with the installation. I am trying to decypher ExtUtils::MakeMaker man pages.

I am creating a distribution for 'Pod/Index.pm' and 'podindex' (a perl exe) .

My directory looks like:

Changes
Index.pm.PL
Makefile.PL
MANIFEST
Pod/Index.pm.unconfigured
podindex
README
t/1.t

I want 'podindex' to be installed into $..BIN. Got that.

I want Index.pm.PL to run and create Pod/Index.pm out of Pod/Index.pm.unconfigured . Got that. Actually what I want is for Pod/Index.pm.PL to run to create Pod/Index.pm out of Pod/Index.pm.unconfigured . How do I do that?

I want 'Pod/Index.pm' to be installed into somewhere. Should it go into ..LIB/*/Pod/Index.pm, ..LIB/site_perl/*/Pod/Index.pm or ..LIB/vendor_perl/*/Pod/Index.pm ?

I want the pod in podindex and Index.pm.unconfigured to be manified into ... uh what? And how would I do that?

Yehuda