On 12/3/2003 11:12 AM, Steffen Goeldner wrote:

Hi, I'm about to release two modules:

  BTRIEVE::XS
  BTRIEVE::API

The first, BTRIEVE::XS, is a simple XS wrapper module for
Btrieve's single function API. I.e., you can call Btrieve's
C function BTRCALL() in perl as BTRIEVE::XS::Call().

The second, BTRIEVE::API, provides methods for common
Btrieve operations (on top of BTRIEVE::XS):

I agree with Nicholas, about putting it in another namespace. Maybe DBMS::BTrieve::??? Also the names shouldn't really reflect the implementation, so XS is out. And every module has an API.

I don't see any reason why this all couldn't be in a single module (with an XS part and a perl part), and name it something like DBMS::BTrieve::Direct to indicate that it communicates directly with BTrieve and doesn't use DBD or ODBC, etc.

Regards,
Randy.