From: Rodent of Unusual Size <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Frederic Briere wrote:
> >
> > Sure, just pre-declare the sub, which happens at compile time:
> >
> >   sub DOH();
>
> um, i said i want to do it at run time.  the module doing the
> defining doesn't know who's going to be calling it, and the
> callers are depending on the module to make usable constant
> barewords out of the names they give it.
>
> so all the compile-time stuff doesn't help, which is why
> i asked for a way to do it at run time.

Sorry? If I understand it right the module provides some constants
and you want to give the users of the module a way to import them
under a different name? Right?

Then what's the problem with

        package Foo;
        use constant MY_CRAZY_NAME => 1.4787648;

        package main;
        use constant DOH => Foo::MY_CRAZY_NAME;

        print DOH + 2, "\n";

?