On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:52:12PM -0600, Andy Lester wrote:
> > No.  But there are certain classes of functions of the module that don't
> > work until others have been run.  So others should have been tested
>
> So some tests are setting up other ones, then?

I don't think Tims is writing tests that depend on each other but he has
written higher level functions that depend on lower level ones. The tests
could run in any order but if the lower level functions are broken then the
higher level tests are sure to fail even if the higher level functions are
coded correctly. So it's desirable to see the results of the lower level
tests first because running the higer level tests could be a waste of time.

Even if that's not what Tim meant, it seems like a useful feature, although
it could be taken as an indication that you need to split your distribution
into several new distributions,