On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 05:05:34PM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andy Lester) writes:
> > Sure, and you can turn on HARNESS_VERBOSE to get the raw output of the
> > .t file.  prove puts all that stuff behind easy command-line switches,
> > and lets you specify wildcards, and lets you specify a directory that
> > implicitly does all the *.t within the directory, and lets you turn on
> > taint checking, and...
>
> And, unlike the bizarre corners of ExtUtils::MakeMaker, is actually
> documented!

'prove' has really made a big difference for me. With 'make test', I had
the sense there were ways to fine tune the output. But how to do that
seemed different to discover, and difficult to remember. With prove,
there's 'prove -h' and 'perldoc prove', making things much easier to
learn and lookup.

Since it is 100% compatible with the test files already in use, there
is nothing to lose by trying it or using it. It's not as if it's a new
dependency that module users have to to have to install it.

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .