On May 14, 2004 12:30 pm, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 03:17:50PM -0400, _brian_d_foy wrote:
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Michael A Nachbaur
> >
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > The thing is, these are free-standing applications, and for the most
> > > part aren't developer tools.  So, I was thinking an App:: namespace
> > > would work well, (e.g.. App::WWW::NachoMusic, etc).
> >
> > I'd rather see top-level namespaces for complete applications.  I don't
> > think the App::* adds any information. :)
>
> I would imagine that  you meant to qualify this statement with an
> assumption that the applications have decently unique names, and not
> generic ones that might look like an existing standard use of a
> top-level domain (CGI, HTML, Data, WWW, etc).

I agree to that.  There can be many instances where you have non-intuitive
names, or redundant names.  Also, using different top-level namespaces can
help to categorize the type of application, making it easier for someone to
find what they're looking for.

"Gee, I'd like a web-based MP3 player" (App::Media::WWW::), or "I need to
provision cable modems using a barcode scanner." (App::Business::Internet::)

--
Michael A. Nachbaur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc