* Scott W Gifford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-07-14 19:38]:
> It would be interesting to calculate the "importance" of a
> module by how many other modules link to it, either via a use
> statement or by reference in the POD, much like Google does
> with Web page links.

I was thinking the same thing, and I remember that someone
actually posted results from working code for something like that
a while back. I don't have the time to dig through the archives
right now, or I'd shake it up.

> There's a project called Nutch that has abstracted out much of
> PageRank and that sort of thing that would be useful, if
> anybody is interested.  Nutch is written in Java, unfortunately
> for we Perl folks, but isn't too hard to work with.  :)

And as Lucene/Plucene show, it doesn't have to be difficult to
reimplement good libraries in Perl, either. :-)

Aristotle
"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."