On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 03:11:11PM -0400, Randy W. Sims wrote:
> Fergal Daly wrote:
>
> >Does META.yaml have a place for keyowrds?
>
> The spec doesn't currently provide for keywords. I do think it would be
> a good idea, BUT I think it needs to be done in a way to avoid abuse.
> I'd hate to see META.yml files grow by the kb as authors add every
> conceivable keyword they can think of and try to manipulate the search.

The search algorithm could pay attention to the first X keywords and
ignore the rest. Or at least, it could heavily weight the first few.

I think this is part of how search engines prevent the same kind of
above of the meta-tag keyword system. You can put as many keywords as
you want into the list, but I think the search engines only really care
about the first few.

I would prefer something like this over the "choosing from the fix list"
idea.

Having free-form tags is a feature I like on: http://del.icio.us/
It allows new classifications to spontaneously appear.

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .